Sunday, December 5, 2010

Moving Upstairs

Attacking the upstairs. Where to start is the question?. I'm one who works in a way where many things are being done at once, so that everything also comes together at once. While this is soaking in chemical remover, this is being plastered. While I'm dismantling the kitchen I'm also removing the baseboard molding. In hind sight I should not have started in the basement, especially after the basement floor accident. The basement would be last if I had to do it over. Regardless, I'm upstairs and I'm ready to go. First, I felt like this place is a virgin Mies pallet to work from. I also thought every thing was so precious, and how could I replace any thing. The more I looked at the kitchen cabinets the more they depressed me. I knew I had to get rid of them.
The kitchen is a galley style kitchen 12' x 6.5' which is going to be a challenge for me. My current kitchen is large and I have lots of kitchen stuff. This will be the last room I'll deal with. I'm going to consult many people on this.





The Mies table and pull down cook top have been removed,  I've put it them away until I can take the time to restore.




a whole lot of yuk under that cooktop





















Detail of Mies table gray Formica. Also used in the downstairs bathroom cabinet.



 
Recently, I got my hands on a 1950's "Frigidaire Flair" stove and pull out cook top bought on Craigslist for fifty dollars. See picture below:
I'll use it for parts to restore the pull down cook top. Many of the units her at Lafayette Park folks still have the original unit, they love them.


No comments:

Post a Comment