Sunday, February 6, 2011

It's The Little Things That Make Me Go Gaga! A Utility Sink?

One of my goals in this unit was to modernize what ever I could, yet to maintain a utilitarian look and sensibility.  The basement was completely raw never having been painted and only the bare essentials.  I had tossed around the idea of keeping the original utility sink which was fiberglass green, but it was in poor shape and took up a lot of space.
This is the old green fiberglass utility that was original and installed in all units. Most units I've looked at still use this one.

My friend from work and my plumber Steve turned me onto an auction at Detroitmetroauctions.com for a stainless utility sink. I wanted a stainless sink from the beginning, but didn't want to invest too much for one. I ended up picking this one up at a reasonable price and restored it to new again.




 From Auction, in need of a bit of cleaning.
 After much cleaning!
Steve Lee the best plumber in the city! also a master carpenter, electrician. Just about any thing you need engineered, designed and built, he the man!
installed and looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment