Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Study, Now I must work.......

The study is one of the rooms I spend a lot of time in working on my computer, sipping coffee and looking out the window. It has the best view of any of the rooms. I have a beautiful tree right out my window that attracts many birds, the park is full of trees there are many bird watchers here in LP.
The study was pretty typical of all the other rooms in the restoration process, floor, windows re-caulked, plaster and paint. So I won't show the work in progress, here are the finished images.
Hall leading into study

floor to ceiling glass
New ways to display art. A little painting I had done of a doll. I have a lot of my doll work in this room, shadow boxes and paintings. The table lamp was done by Andy Kem who also lives in LP, I also work with Andy. He's a very talented fine woodworker and sculptor.

This is a piece I had bought from Review Gallery, the piece was a collaboration between Andy Kem and Dennis Hayes.
detail
the shadow boxes hung on the wall
on old library table for my computer, I'll have to find a comfortable chair one day
I could spend hours just looking out into the park.














I did not take this photo I believe Michele Unverzagt tool it. I do remember that day though.
Looking south out the study you can see the 1300 building.
Having all the glass on the two sides of the townhouse lends itself to many fantastic views.
                                                                               






2 comments:

  1. My friend in the 1300 building just had his place shot for Detroit Home. He's an interior designer that's had a townhouse and courthouse in Lafayette Park.

    http://www.detroithomemag.com/Detroit-Home/Summer-2012/Moving-Up/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Is that Bob E, yes I know Bob. Didn't he do an amazing job! He's so good, loved the townhouse too. Every piece he has it's as though it was made for the space. Actually, I prefer 1300 with his things, he has so many special pieces.
    I was fortunate enough to see it in the very early stages, when there was no kitchen, bath etc. He worked so hard, now he can relax, oh no, that's right were talking about Bob. He's probably got his eye on another unit right now he can restore. hehehe
    Thanks, Regards, Cal

    ReplyDelete