Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Guest Room is ready for visitors.

The guest room was the first room I had finished, the only room that was livable for a long time.  Working on the house I decided last January to just stay here rather then go back and forth between houses.
The room had many problems, the windows leaked. The ceiling had signs of water damage and cracks which needed to be repaired and re-plastered.  The floor had to be ground and leveled. The original floor had two layers of linoleum tiles. The top layer was 9 x 9 asbestos pink tiles, under that layer of tiles was a rolled linoleum floor. I removed it, but had to grind the floor as I couldn't remove the mastic.
Before pics:
The ceiling and walls needed re-plastering,  when I removed the 2" black rubber base molding I had to also re-plaster.












After the floor was ground, leveled with cement the new tile was installed. Like the rest of the house black linoleum was the choice. The quest room was the only room in the house that didn't have black tile. I'm guessing it was due to the water leaks.
This rooms view is of the back of the townhouse, the back of the townhouse faces west. Lot's of bushes and trees line the street. When the sunlight comes in it's very spiritual.
I kept the room simple and hopefully comfortable for my guest. I purchased one piece a small Drexel hairpin dresser. The room is relatively small but comfortable.
The upstairs has two rooms adjacent to each other, the other faces the front of the house. 
 


























2 comments:

  1. useful information on topics that plenty are interested on for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your b!..
    questroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.
    questroom

    ReplyDelete